Humble Paul, a 26-year-old electrician, was electrocuted to death in Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State while reconnecting electric cables that had been disconnected by power officials due to nonpayment of a charge.
The incident occurred on Sunday evening, March 28, in Okpoga’s Ede Ai-agbenu neighbourhood, when some people contacted the deceased to reconnect their wires for a pittance of N400.
According to a resident of Ai-agbenu village, power was restored while Paul was carrying out his duty on the top of the electric pole with his body resting on the wires. He was electrocuted and died instantly.
It was gathered that the electrician had climbed the electric pole without hand gloves or any protective jackets.