6 total views
Titilayo Adigun, a woman, and her four children were killed on Wednesday night, March 17, when a candlelight started a major fire that burned down their house in Kwara state.
Following days of power outage, the mother and her five children were sleeping at their home in Ifesowapo village, Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara State, with a candle lighting one of the houses.
When the occurrence occurred, the deceased’s husband and father were out having some stuff.
Sources close to the family said only one out of the five children survived the inferno. The child is now receiving treatment at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH), Ilorin.
The landlord of the house, Mr Ibrahim Gana, was the one who rescued the child who survived. He sustained an injury on his hand while rescuing the child.
Speaking on the incident, the chairman of the Ifesowapo community, Mr Awodun Yinka, said that members of the community heard the agonising cries from the room-and-parlour self-contained apartment and quickly rushed down to help, but they were unable to rescue the children.
Watch a video of the aftermath of the fire below:
View this post on Instagram