Police arrest second man in relation to Benjamin Mendy’s alleged rape case

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 130 total views

Police arrest second man in relation to Benjamin Mendy

Cheshire Constabulary have confirmed that a second man has been arrested as part of an inquiry into allegations of rape against Manchester City player, Benjamin Mendy.

Mendy, 27, appeared in court on Friday, August 27, after being charged with three counts of rape on the same date in October last year and a fourth offence earlier this week. The defender is also accused of touching a woman sexually in January this year.

All the alleged three victims are over the age of 16.

The four offences are all alleged to have happened at the Frenchman’s home in Prestbury, Cheshire.

In a statement Cheshire Constabulary said: “We can confirm that we have arrested a second man, age 40, in connection to an ongoing investigation into sexual offences at an address in Cheshire.

“The man was arrested earlier this week on suspicion of rape and has been conditionally bailed pending further enquiries.”

Following a hearing that lasted 58 minutes, Mr Mendy was denied his application for bail and remanded in custody until his next appearance.

District Judge Jack McGarava adjourned the case until September 10, when Mendy will next appear at Chester Crown Court.

On Thursday Manchester City, who paid £52million for the defender in 2017, confirmed he would be suspended pending the investigation.

The statement read: “Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is, therefore, unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”

No pleas were entered during Mr. Mendy’s appearance in court on Friday, although the defendant’s lawyer, Mr. Christopher Stables said his client denies the allegations.

A police spokesman said: “Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial.”


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply