VIDEO:’Bring evidence, I’ll pay you N100m’—Reno Omokri denies he threatened Deeper Life schoolboy’s mother

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 206 total views

Reno Omokri, a former aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, said he had never threatened Deborah Okezie, the mother of a Deeper Life High School (DLHS) student who was reportedly abused.

Omokri went on Twitter on Thursday to shoot a video where he refuted some of the allegations he had made against him.

“This morning, I woke up and saw a video by Don Davis’ mother alleging that I had threatened her and asked her to apologise to Deeper Life in a newspaper advert. I have never done anything like that. It’s not true,” the author said.

“I never had any contact with Don Davis’ mother. I’m not even a member of Deeper Life. Why would I do that?

“Three weeks ago when she accused pastor Kumuyi of going after her life, asking Nigerians to hold him responsible if anything happened to her, I did come out in defense of Kumuyi.

“Although I’m not a member of his church, Pastor Kumuyi is someone who has had an influence on my life since I was a child. And I’m now almost 50. I knew that Pastor Kumuyi would not do that.

Omokri also vowed that he would pay Okezie the sum of N100 million — which she had earlier denied demanding from the DLHS in her lawsuit — if she is able to provide any evidence that he had contacted her to issue threats over the case as alleged.

“I felt I should defend him and I did. I simply said I didn’t believe her claims and that was 3 weeks ago,” he added.

“Now this woman is making claims about me, saying that I’m now threatening her life and asking her to apologise in newspapers. #JusticeForDonDavis was begun by Yul Edochie. I called him and we had a very long conversation.

“This woman is suing Deeper Life for N100 million. I told Yul that N100m is no problem for me. I will transfer that money through Yul today if she can provide any shred of evidence that I threatened or contacted her in any way.

“Nothing like that happened. If it did, then there must be an email or a call. Let her provide the evidence and N100 million will be paid to her today.”

Omokri’s outburst comes after a video wherein Okezie is seen making the said claims went viral on social media.

In the clip, the Akwa Ibom-based mother had said: “The threats are too much. Somebody sent a text asking how was the burial of my son. ‘You’re fighting a church, definitely, you will bury your child.’ These things are killing!

“You cannot say the matter is in court and expect me to die in silence. Then one Mr. Reno Omokiri called me that I should go and apologise in a national newspaper, that if I don’t, I should take what I see next.

“To me, that is a threat. I can’t close my eyes well. My blood pressure is high. I can’t keep quiet and die in silence.”

It also followed just after a court sitting in Uyo had asked Okezie to stop posting clips on the issue on social media.

Watch the video he shared below


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply